- Bruce Maxwell was drafted in 2012, 2nd round, out of Birmingham-Southern–a Division III school. There were questions about his ability to stick at catcher, but his bat was projected to work at first base as well.
- He was at the bottom half of the A’s Top 30 prospects in both 2012 and 2013, mostly due to his below average defense. But his bat was still as good as advertised, and from all reports he was working hard on improving his catching.
- Was dominant in AAA during his 2016 campaign, hitting .321/.393/.539 with 10 HR, and was promoted to the big leagues. His defense had also improved, and I read some reports that he got along very well with his pitching staffs–which is always a big plus.
- With Oakland he more than held his own: .283/.337/.402 with 1 HR.
- There was talk that he would open the 2017 on the A’s 25 man roster, but after a rough spring was optioned down to AAA. I imagine he wont be down there for long, and should be back up as the teams #2 catcher sooner rather than later.
|1 Yr||1 Yr||1 Yr||1 Yr||33||92||1||14||0||0||8||24||.283||.337||.402||.739||106|