- Christian Morris is out of Indiana University, playing there for three seasons. His junior year he went 4-1 with a 5.55 ERA/1.62 WHIP. He pitched 60 innings, allowing 79 hits and striking out 45. It was a bit of an off year…he was quite good his sophomore season (6-3, 2.04 ERA).
- He was drafted by the Yankees in the 33rd round of the 2015 draft. Clearly they did not let his poor junior year scare them too much.
- Post draft the Yankees dropping him into rookie ball, where he got knocked around. Despite this, he was promoted to high-A late in the season and pitched 2.1 innings. I am thinking that since rookie league is more about development than results, he was working on some stuff that didn’t reflect in the numbers.
- Morris would spend all of 2016 in low-A, and would have a very nice season: 8-8-5 with a 2.99 ERA/1.07 WHIP over 120.0 innings. 105 hits allowed with 99 K . He would get his first All-Star selection as well.
- Morris is probably not on the prospect radar yet, since a college pitcher performing well in low-A is not the biggest of feats. That said, he does what he did last year in high-A? I think people will start to notice him.
|2015||21||0.4||2 Teams||2 Lgs||Rk-A+||0||3||6.44||9||7||29.1||32||13||25||1.534||9.8||4.0||7.7|