- Patrick Weigel has been drafted twice. He was a 2014 22nd round pick of the Brewers out of High School. He declined, went to the University of Houston, and was drafted in the 7th round of the 2015 draft by the Braves.
- Coming out of college he was a hard thrower with sketchy control. He had three pitches–high 90’s fastball, slider and curve. Though the curve was a work in progress. He was a bit of a project, but with a fastball that topped out in the high 90’s, it was a gamble worth taking.
- He had a very good start to his pro career, and in 2016 spent time in both Low-A and AA as a starter. At both stops he pitched very well. His AA numbers were particularly impressive: 20.2 IP, 9 hits with 17 K’s.
- He entered 2017 one of the Braves Top 10 prospects.
- His numbers in AA are, so far, great. 20,1 IP with 18 hits and 23 K. Control does not seem to be a huge issue either, with only 7 walks.
|2016||21||-1.2||2 Teams||2 Lgs||A-AA||ATL||11||6||2.47||25||24||149.2||101||55||152||1.042||3.3||9.1|