- Another player whose autograph I can never have enough of. I took a chance getting this card; the picture that was posted was not that great, so I was not sure if the autograph was faded and/or bled out a little…but I took a chance. Showed up today, and is as bold as the day it was signed. I am happy.
- Brook Jacoby was a solid, power hitting third baseman who was one of the bright spots on what was a long run of terrible Indians teams.
- During his prime, 1984 to 1991, Jacoby averaged 16 HR with a .766 OPS and 110 OPS+. His 1987 was particularly impressive, with 37 HR and a 4.2 WAR.
- He was a two time All-Star, in 1986 and 1990.
- He would leave the Indians in 1991, part of the great Apolinar Garcia/Lee Tinsley trade with the A’s.
- Jacoby would retire after the 1992 season. He would amass 14.9 WAR over his 11 seasons in the majors.
|11 Y||11 Y||11 Y||11 Y||1311||4520||120||545||439||764||.270||.334||.405||.739||104|