- Jose Ramirez was signed as an international free agent by Indians in November 2009.
- Ramirez the prospect was viewed as a very good hitter, though not a ton of power. He was versatile, being able to play pretty much any position in the field, though profiled as a regular at second. He would rank the Indians #23 prospect in 2012, #9 in 2013.
- He moved…really fast through the system. In 2012 he played in both short-season and Low-A. For the 2013 season, the Indians felt so confident in his bat that he skipped High-A ball and moved directly to AA. In 482 at bats he would hit .272/.325/.349 with 3 HR with AA Akron. He would end the season in Cleveland, part of the September call-ups.
- He rode the bus between AAA and the majors in 2014 and 2015. His numbers in AAA showed that he did not much have much left to prove there, and just needed an opening with the major league club.
- 2016 was his breakout season. He would spend the season with the big league club and would hit .312/.363/.462 with 11 HR. His versatility–he played just about everywhere on the field–proved to be a huge asset. He was not a small reason why the Indians won the AL pennant.
- So far this season, as the teams starting third baseman, Ramirez is hitting .333/.388/.609 with 6 HR. He is, along with Lindor, the hottest player on the team.
|5 Yr||5 Yr||5 Yr||5 Yr||355||1216||25||141||44||15||100||153||.280||.335||.419||.753||100|